Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Jess from Cupcake Daydreams

How long have you been baking?
I was always the smallest helper in both my Mother and Grandmother’s kitchens, so forever ever? Well, my passion for sweets was piqued a few years ago when started bringing gifts from the heart to holiday parties and such. I just didn’t want to bring another bottle of wine... The blog kicked off shortly after that when Cathy and I started an annual Halloween Cupcake Bar tradition at our office. The rest is history...

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Cheesecake. It’s one of first things my Mom taught me how to bake and continues to be one of the few things that I can make without measuring a single ingredient. Also, who doesn’t love something that needs a special pan?



What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
A two tiered (three layers in each tier), two flavored, hibiscus flower-themed bridal shower cake (since then, cakes are only reserved for my four year old nephew’s birthday parties - that’s it). The baking part was fine, the fondant parts were painstaking and unforgiving and ended up not tasting as good as I wanted them to, but at least it was pretty...Seriously, I’m sticking to cupcakes from here on out.

What is your favorite ingredient?
Almonds, coconut and ginger. I like the sneaky ingredients that don’t punch you in the face with flavor, instead they leave you wondering “hmm - what was that amazing flavor?” Oh, and also any sort of alcohol - Stout makes chocolate cake pop. It’s just a fact.



What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
I use Epicurious and Martha Stewart for recipe starters, then usually add my own twist. I also love Pinterest for decorating ideas!

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
Cupcake Daydreams

How long have you been blogging?
April was our 1 year anniversary...aww - such a pup.

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
I’m not sure there’s one specific flavor, but I’d like to be known for having more personal (and delicious) touches in my cupcakes. I like to incorporate the recipient’s favorite flavors, beers, ingredients and superheros.

Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter name?
@cupcakedaydream

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Banana’s Foster Cupcakes and Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment