Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Melinda from Sugar High Baking

How long have you been baking?
In the past few years, my baking has reached a new high. I started baking back in elementary school but really got the “itch” after I settled into my first home.

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Without a doubt, my favorite things to bake are cupcakes. I love experimenting with new recipes, flavor combinations and decorations.

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
The most challenging thing I’ve tried to bake to date – soufflĂ©. I can’t seem to nail the timing and my soufflĂ©s tend to fall after cooling. I’m going to keep trying though!


What is your favorite ingredient?
I love citrus flavors. Citrus taste clean and refreshing! I love incorporating those flavors into my frostings for a little “kick.”

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
Though I still adore the Hello, Cupcake and What’s New Cupcake books, my recent trend has been following David Lebovitz’s blogs and reading his cookbooks. His chocolate recipes alone are worth the trip to Google.

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
Sugar High Baking

How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging in March 2011. I wish I had time to make it a full-time obsession, but unfortunately, I have a day job!


What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
My Key Lime Cupcakes are a big hit with family and friends right now. I’ve been told they are “the best [I’ve] ever made” so perhaps that will be my new sensational hit!

Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter name?
@Melinda_Lynne

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
I am going to be testing out some of my citrus cupcake recipes on the crowd. I am bringing my Key Lime Cupcakes, Lemon Zest Cupcakes and if I can find some in-season blood oranges at the grocer, an Orange Chocolate Cupcake.

Feel free to include any additional information about yourself, your baking, your favorite baking story, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment